[CMake] CMake cvs TOT and Xcode

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Oct 2 09:31:36 EDT 2009

James Bigler wrote:
> Well, it worked just fine with CMake 2.4.6, so wouldn't this be a
> regression?
>
> The reason I haven't upgraded Xcode is that the updater never presented
> it, and I don't really check for updates.

We are unable to reproduce this...

You said you did this:

> I used --debug-trycompile and when I went into CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp there
wasn't a makefile (Xcode generator), but there was an
CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.xcodeproj. I opened that up and hit "Build" and it
seemed to build without errors, but I don't see the actual executable
cmTryCompileExec that was supposedly generated.

Not finding the executable is a real problem...   Perhaps it is an issue
with what architectures it is building for.   We did make a change.  Can
you load that into the GUI and figure out what the active architectures
are? It may not be building for any architecture...

We only have version 3.1.3, and it works.

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.