[CMake] Version 2.8 affects exception handling?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Nov 29 10:14:50 EST 2009

Bill Spotz wrote:

>> when the epetra dynamic library gets linked under the new cmake and
>> not the old.  This could be problematic because it is using the
>> compiler /usr/bin/c++, which on my system is version 4.0.1 (although
>> the gfortran compiler is version 4.4.1).
>

> So I have been able to confirm that it is these fortran-related link
> options that are causing my problem.  I'm not exactly sure what to make
> of the fact that it links and runs properly without them, but links and
> runs improperly with them.

I think we sort of decided that mixing versions of gcc tools does work
reliably.   There is a way to update your Mac to have matching c++ and
fortran.  Not sure how it worked before, but CMake is doing the "right"
thing by linking in the fortran library you are actually using.  Not
sure why it was working before...

-Bill