[CMake] enable_language( ... OPTIONAL) causes error or second cmake run

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Thu Nov 26 10:12:33 EST 2009

Hi Alex,

On second thought: the problem I encountered is somewhat different than
the one described in issue #9220. The problem there is that the compiler
name "gcc whatever" is interpreted as compiler "gcc" with an argument
"whatever".

In my case I do not set a compiler from the command line. I use
'enable_language(Fortran OPTIONAL)' and let CMake search for the Fortran
compiler. Since there's no Fortran compiler installed, CMake will not
find it. So far, so good. But, when I run CMake a second time, I get the
error I reported.

What's your thought on this?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.