[CMake] Parallel builds and Eclipse CDT4 generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Nov 24 13:53:20 EST 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Michael Jackson wrote:
> I think that is a CDT 5.x thing, I think. I have it on my CDT 5.x
> installation but didn't remember having it on CDT 4. If there is a way
> to set that "checkbox" during the CDT project file generation then CDT
> will figure out how many compile threads to use.
>   Here is a screen shot from my installation:

What effect does this checkbox have on the project files (.project
and .cproject), i.e. how is this information stored in them ?
Also, does "optimal" mean it will run "make -j" or will eclipse try to
determine how many cores there are and then run "make -j X" ?

Also, it would be nice if you could put this in the cmake bug tracker.

Alex