[CMake] Missing DLLs with CPack 2.8 on MSVC 10 beta 2

Frank Stappers f.p.m.stappers at tue.nl
Tue Nov 24 04:11:55 EST 2009

Hello,

Currently we are experimenting with CMake 2.8 and MSVC 10 (beta 2).
I belief that with CPack and MSVC 9.0 packed the DLL-files that resided
in the redist directory ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT") were packed together with the
compiled binaries.

When using CPack and MSVC 10 (beta 2), the redist DLLs in
("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC100.CRT") are not packed with the
compiled binaries.

In order to use CPack to create self contained  distributable with MSVC
10, do I need to set a variable, incorporate the files myself (e.g.
during install), or do something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Frank Stappers