[CMake] (cmake2.8) FindOpenSSl and win32/MinGW

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:23:34 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM, ctrlaltca <ctrlaltca at libero.it> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM, ctrlaltca <ctrlaltca at libero.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've tried to move a project (www.kvirc.net) from from cmake 2.6.4 to 2.8
>>> and i'm having a issue with FindOpenSSL. My os is winXP and my
>>> compilation
>>> environment is MinGW (with gcc 4.4.0)
>>> FindOpenSSL was working fine for me in cmake 2.6.4, but it's not working
>>> anymore in cmake 2.8 (OPENSSL_FOUND always false).
>>> I've checked differences, and it seems that my problem is related to this
>>> bugfix: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8971
>>> Since no "crypto" lib exists under windows/mingw32, so no library is
>>> found
>>> for OPENSSL_CRYPTO_LIBRARIES and OPENSSL_FOUND is set to false.
>>>
>>> Am i missing something? is this s regression? Thank you
>>
>> How did you install OpenSSL on your system ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> I installed the "Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8l" package from here:
> http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
> and then added these values to environmental variables:
> CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH      C:\openssl\include
> CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH      C:\openssl\lib\mingw

I see :) You have a strong definition of "not working":
The previously non-working mingw findopenssl, which did not report
failure, is now reporting failure...

I have updated it in my pet project and will let know when I merge it
into CMake/CVS:
http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/trunk/CMake/FindOpenSSL.cmake?view=log

Thanks for report !
--