[CMake] Testing the size of long throws error when more than one OS X Arch is passed

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Nov 17 17:57:28 EST 2009

cmake -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES='x86_64;i386' ../

Will throw the following error:

-- Check size of size_t
CMake Error at /Users/Shared/Toolkits/CMake-2.6.4/share/cmake-2.6/
Modules/CheckTypeSize.cmake:89 (MESSAGE):
   CHECK_TYPE_SIZE found different results, consider setting
   CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES or CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES to
one or no
   architecture !
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   ConfigureChecks.cmake:84 (CHECK_TYPE_SIZE)
   CMakeLists.txt:34 (INCLUDE)

Which makes absolute sense. I am updating a legacy Expat build system
to CMake and just hit this when I was trying to automate some builds.
If I run cmake without specifying CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES variable.
What are others doing in this situation. Obviously something has to be
reworked on my end.

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net