[CMake] Fortran project problem (static linking)

DONG Li dongli2020 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:31:22 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to use CMake as my Fortran project build tool, it is a
wonderful project guard!. But a annoying problem comes up. I searched
all around the internet, but no easy document for me : (. Since I want
to use static-linking, the Intel Fortran compiler complains "undefined
reference to" when it links objects for an executable.

The structure of the project is:

CMakeLists.txt  core  init_data  main  test  util

and there will be static libraries under util and core as libutil.a
and libcore.a. Further more, libcore.a depends on libutil.a.

Finally, an executable will be generated under main which uses
libcore.a and libutil.a.

So how can I accomplish this? Thanks very much. I really want to learn
CMake~

Best regards,

DONG Li