[CMake] [ctest] CTEST_CUSTOM_TESTS_IGNORE in CTestCustom.cmake ignored in script mode (ctest -S)

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 14:24:44 EST 2009

>>  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=5041
>> ? (ctest -S fails on initial checkout, because it doesn't find
>> CTestConfig.cmake, since it isn't present when ctest is started)
>>

> I usually put something like this in the script:
>
> if(NOT EXISTS "${CTEST_DASHBOARD_ROOT}/${CTEST_DIR_NAME}")
>  set(CTEST_CHECKOUT_COMMAND     "\"${CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND}\" -q -z3
> -d:pserver:anoncvs at www.cmake.org:/cvsroot/CMake co -d \"${CTEST_DIR_NAME}\"
> -D yesterday -r CMake-2-8 ${CTEST_MODULE_NAME}")
> endif(NOT EXISTS "${CTEST_DASHBOARD_ROOT}/${CTEST_DIR_NAME}")

My wording is ambiguous.

I didn't mean that the checkout itself fails.  I use the technique you
suggestioned already to make the checkout happen.  Here is btw. what
we got so far in svn://falconpl.org/falcon/tools/trunk/testing
  ctest_driver.cmake: http://pastebin.ca/1671397
  ctest_driver_detail.cmake: http://pastebin.ca/1671396

What I mean is, a nice one-line workaround for ctest not reading
CTestConfig.cmake after a fresh checkout.  My current workaround is to
inform the user to just rerun ctest -S, see ctest_driver_detail.cmake.

Best,
 -- Maik