[CMake] Need to run scripts during packaging

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Nov 13 19:35:30 EST 2009

On Nov 13, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Clinton Stimpson wrote:

> On Friday 13 November 2009 05:05:36 pm Michael Jackson wrote:
>> OS X classic dylib problems. My Dylibs have the full path as their
>> "install_name". When I do a "make install" I have scripts run over
>> those libraries to "fix them up" using the BundleUtilities.cmake
>> stuff. Um, so how do I get those same scripts to run when I do a
>> "make
>> package" ?
>>

> How about doing an install(SCRIPT ...), where the specified script
> can include
> BundleUtilities and call fixup_bundle().
>
> Clint

Yep. I have the following:

# -------- Function to build OS X Stand Alone Bundles -----------------
macro(MakeOSXTool target binary_dir osx_tools_dir)
     set(target ${target})
     set(binary_dir ${binary_dir})
     set(osx_tools_dir ${osx_tools_dir})

   SET (OSX_MAKE_STANDALONE_TOOL_CMAKE_SCRIPT "${binary_dir}/
OS_X_Scripts/${target}_OSX_MakeStandAloneTool.cmake")

   CONFIGURE_FILE("${osx_tools_dir}/CompleteTool.cmake.in"
     "${OSX_MAKE_STANDALONE_TOOL_CMAKE_SCRIPT}" @ONLY IMMEDIATE)

   install(SCRIPT "${OSX_MAKE_STANDALONE_TOOL_CMAKE_SCRIPT}")

endmacro(MakeOSXTool)

And when I do a "make install" the generated script file does indeed
run. When I do "make package" the scripts are not run.

Mike