[CMake] CPack not packaging DLL, only the import library.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Nov 13 17:21:57 EST 2009

I have the following:

INSTALL(TARGETS ${MXADATAMODEL_LIB_NAME}
        RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
        LIBRARY DESTINATION lib
        ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib
        COMPONENT SDKLibrary)
if (BUILD_SHARED_LIBS AND MSVC)
   INSTALL (TARGETS ${MXADATAMODEL_LIB_NAME}
        DESTINATION bin
        ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib
#        RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
        COMPONENT SDKLibrary)
endif()

So both of those are "hit" during cmake time when building a shared
library but I will not get the .dll installed unless I comment out the
lone commented line above. Then I get the .dll installed into the bin
directory. Odd. In my mind those 2 install commands are the same. So
where am I mis-interpreting what is going on?

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net