[CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 7 ready for testing!

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:53:46 EST 2009

I have a slight issue with the new CPack stuff.

CPack.cmake:

cpack_set_if_not_set(CPACK_NSIS_DISPLAY_NAME
"${CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}")
cpack_set_if_not_set(CPACK_NSIS_PACKAGE_NAME
"${CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY}")
cpack_set_if_not_set(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY
  "${CPACK_PACKAGE_NAME} ${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")

I set CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY to:

    set(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "NVIDIA Corporation\\\\OptiX SDK
${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")
    set(CPACK_NSIS_DISPLAY_NAME "NVIDIA OptiX ${CPACK_PACKAGE_VERSION}")

In my generated CPackConfig.cmake file I now have:

SET(CPACK_NSIS_DISPLAY_NAME "NVIDIA OptiX 1.0.0")
SET(CPACK_NSIS_PACKAGE_NAME "NVIDIA Corporation\OptiX SDK 1.0.0")
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY "NVIDIA Corporation\\OptiX SDK 1.0.0")

CMake then chokes on the PACKAGE_NAME due to the \O which should be \\O.  I
set the DISPLAY_NAME and INSTALL_DIRECTORY, but the PACKAGE_NAME is set by
the cpack_set_if_not_set and sends my string through an extra processing
step.

I can certainly add my own entry for CPACK_NSIS_PACKAGE_NAME to avoid this
now that I know about it, but PACKAGE_NAME is a new variable and my old
script broke.

James