[CMake] Finding the correct Python framework with cmake

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Nov 11 17:51:21 EST 2009

Mark Moll wrote:

> Add "-F /opt/local/Library/Frameworks" to your compilation flags or
> add this line to your .bash_profile:
>
> export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks

It seems to me that the only acceptable solution is that
FindPythonInterp.cmake and FindPythonLibs.cmake consult some
non-advanced cache variable (and possibly also environment) to find a
consistent Python.  PYTHON_EXECUTABLE seems like a natural candidate.

Expecting users (or every developer that wants to use python portably)
to take responsibility for this is a cop-out.

Jed