[CMake] Dependencies in Xcode files

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Nov 11 10:20:05 EST 2009

Jeroen Dierckx wrote:

> I noticed that libraries are put into the link flags. They don't show up
> in the "Linked Libraries" list of the target's info. Could it be that
> everything works correctly if we could libraries there? I think XCode
> does some extra logic in that case, as opposed to libraries just linked
> in in the compiler flags.

That is because there is no way to control the order when you do that.
Also, there is no way to repeat libraries. If you only supported shared
libraries you could use the "Linked Libraries" part of Xcode, and it
would work.  However, as soon as you start using static libraries it
falls apart.  Also, there is still the problem of external libraries
that are not part of the project that you want to depend on.  So, we
could make it work for shared libraries only but it would complicate the
CMake code quite a bit and only work for a limited number of cases.

-Bill