[CMake] Creating a new platform configuration

Ingolf Steinbach ingolf.steinbach at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:02:26 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create cmake configuration files for an embedded
target. From the cmake documentation I did not yet find answers to the
following questions:

1. What are the minimum settings required in a platform file?
2. What should the partitioning between platform and toolchain file look like
3. Is it possible to have  a platform file within the source tree
(i.e. how can I instruct cmake to take the appropriate platform file
(resulting from the toolchain) from my source tree)?
4. While the host is a linux system, the target differs quite
significantly from UNIX like environments (for instance there is no
file system involved). Nevertheless, I'd like to have the cross gcc
create .o files (rather than .c.obj) -- how can this be achieved?

Thanks for your help
Ingolf