[CMake] simple ctest

th.tom at gmx.de th.tom at gmx.de
Thu Nov 5 03:42:49 EST 2009

Hi David,

thanks for your reply.

It would really be great to have everything working with ctest instead of writing scripts, so I'll going to clean up my system, reboot and get a clean cvs checkout and follow your instruction.

I have not used any CTEST_CONFIGURE_COMMAND.

*break*

--- so my results are: "brilliant" ---

SET ( SOURCE_DIR "C:/my/source" )
SET ( CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY ${SOURCE_DIR}/build )
SET ( CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY ${SOURCE_DIR} )

SET ( CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "NMake Makefiles" )
SET ( CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "myProject" )

MESSAGE ( "Actual path is ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}" )
MESSAGE ( "Actual binary path is ${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" )

CTEST_START ( Experimental )
CTEST_CONFIGURE ( BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" RETURN_VALUE res )
CTEST_BUILD ( BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" RETURN_VALUE res )
CTEST_SUBMIT ( RETURN_VALUE res )

--- my (old) CTestConfig.cmake looks like this: ---

#SET ( CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "21:00:00 EDT" )
SET ( CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME "myProject" )

# Tell cmake where to report the information to
SET ( CTEST_SITE "http://webpage:8081" )
SET ( CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "${CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME}" )
SET ( CTEST_DROP_METHOD "xmlrpc" )
SET ( CTEST_DROP_SITE "http://webpage:8081" )
SET ( CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "${CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME}" )
SET ( CTEST_COMPRESS_SUBMISSION ON )

-----

Here I had to add the CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME, as the CMakeLists.txt is not read on this level and CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME is empty.

I can not say, what strange things has resulted the output from yesterday. What I can say, is that with a clean installation, everything is working as expected. I should have tried this before yelling - I am sorry!

-tom