[CMake] simple ctest

th.tom at gmx.de th.tom at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 07:23:54 EST 2009

I did the following steps:

1) creating script.cmake:
SET ( SOURCE_DIR "C:/my/sources/" )
SET ( CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY ${SOURCE_DIR}/build )
SET ( CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY ${SOURCE_DIR} )

MESSAGE ( "Actual path is ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}" )
MESSAGE ( "Actual binary path is ${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" )

CTEST_START ( Nightly )
CTEST_CONFIGURE ( BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" RETURN_VALUE res )
CTEST_BUILD ( BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}" RETURN_VALUE res )
CTEST_SUBMIT ( RETURN_VALUE res )

Then I start
ctest -S script.cmake

Then I got a wiered output:
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build
Actual path is C:/my/sources/
Actual binary path is C:/my/sources/build

Then I delete the two output lines and start ctest again

The output is the same!!! As if the script has not been changed
I deleted the Testing directory - but no change

What is going wrong here?

- Tom