[CMake] Trouble understanding --build-and-test

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 06:50:20 EST 2009

Hi there,

  I am struggling to understand how to use ctest  --build-and-test. I
have reproduce the issue with a minimal cmakelists.txt file at:

http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/CMakeBug/10/CMakeLists.txt?view=markup

which all it does is simply configure a cmakelists.txt file for the
--build-and-test step. The building step is working fine, no problem.
However I do not understand how to execute the test as listed in the
configured cmakelists.txt, which :

http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/CMakeBug/10/BlaCMakeLists.txt.in?view=markup

  What is the pupose of --test-command ? How should I specify 'execute
the make test target' within the --build-and-test command ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu