[CMake] Reruning cmake and environment variables

elizabeta petreska elizabeta.petreska at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:27:07 EST 2009

Hello

I am using Windows ansd Cmake 2.6. I am invoking CMake from command window
which has set some environment  variables. The environment  variables are
visible only the during the lifetime of the command window.
I am using the environment  variables in many places through my
cmakelists.txt , for example in INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES, LINK_LIBRARIES etc. The
environment  variables are mainly set with file path strings.

Problem :
When I am working in Visual Studio on my project, if my cmakelists.txt for
the project is changed, Cmake is rerun from Visual Studio.
Because  Cmake is run from Visual Studio , and not the shell where the
environment  variables are set , it can't recognize the environment
variables. How to overcome this ?
Thanks