[CMake] Abuse of find_package COMPONENTS, or not?

Adolfo Rodríguez dofo79 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:28:59 EDT 2009

I think Dennis refers to setting cmake variables to define the use of
multithreading, static, or debug libs (or single/double precision in your
case). For example:

set(Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS   ON)
set(Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED ON)
find_package( Boost )

I would also second the proposal of using such variables instead of
components.

cheers,

Adolfo

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Marcel Loose <loose at astron.nl> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> What do you mean with like FindBoost did? Can you be a bit more
> specific?
>
> Boost components are AFAIK independent of one another, and they're
> definitely not mutually exclusive, which is the case in my propsed setup
> of FindFFTW?
>
> For example:
>
>  find_package(FFTW COMPONENTS single double)
>
> shoud be flagged as an error, because single and double are mutaully
> exclusive.
>
> Best regards,
> Marcel Loose.

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian