[CMake] FindQt4 stubbornly finding Qt3

Zach Laine whatwasthataddress at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:40:32 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:
> The only way I know how to do that is to include both Qt4 and Qt3.

The only way to do what?  I'm just trying to use Qt 4.x, for any x,
and so far can't.

> find_package(Qt3)
> find_package(Qt4)
> which is not supported.

> You even used the old Qt 3 macros in your original cmake snippet you gave.

Did I?  I didn't realize.  The file I posted was based on the thread I
linked, which suggested that as of CMake 2.6.3, I needed to specify
DESIRED_QT_VERSION, QT_QT_LIBRARY, and QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE in order to
get find_package(Qt4) to work.  I'm certainly open to doing it any way
that works.

> What about a minimal CMakeLists.txt file?
> ===
> find_package(Qt4)
> message(${QT_INCLUDE_DIR})
> ===

When I run this:

================
find_package(Qt4)
include(${QT_USE_FILE})

message(${QT_LIBRARY_DIR}) # prints "/usr/lib"
message(${QT_INCLUDE_DIR}) # prints "/usr/lib/qt3/include"

I get this output:

-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.5
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/qt3/include
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /ldisk/localstorage/proj/cmake/qt_test