[CMake] Adding program arguments for Debug configuration

Alexandru Duţu alex.dutu at gmail.com
Sun May 17 07:42:03 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to CMake, and I've been searching the web for a solution to this
problem also CMake wiki and I found nothing concludent.
I am using Windows XP SP3 and Visual Studio 2008.

I am trying to include program arguments in debug configuration, without
arguments I can't debug, normally in VS this is done by going to
Project/Settings/Debugging/Command Arguments. If I am using a CMake for
build configuration, by setting the arguments from VS it has no effect, so I
thought I must include the arguments in CMakeList.txt. From web searching I
came up with this

"ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
>     TARGET DICOMVolRenderer
>     POST_BUILD
>     COMMAND DICOMVolRenderer -DICOM ${DICOM_DATA} -Clip -CT_Bone
>     DEPENDS DICOMVolRenderer -DICOM ${DICOM_DATA}
> )"

but this just calls my program after every build with my arguments.
Is there any cmake command for this?
Is there a solution for this?

Please help me this is bugging me for some days.

Alex