[CMake] FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake patch

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Fri May 15 11:02:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I think the interface of find_package_handle_standard_args() is a bit
counter-intuitive. Why should it matter to the (ignorant) user that
list-variables are treated different from "ordinary" values. That
doesn't make sense IMHO (see my thread "How to use
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs" on the mailing list).

I've taken the time to rewrite find_package_handle_standard_args() in
such a way that you can now supply any variable as argument to be
checked. If the argument is a list, each member in the list will be
tested. It makes the function even shorter, because there's no need to
do a separate test on _VAR1 anymore. I think this change won't break any
existing code. Any comments are appreciated.

I've attached a patch against the current version of
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake. Should I open an issue in the bug
tracker for this?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.