[CMake] Different output files based on build_type

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Thu May 14 18:38:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 04:09:43PM -0600, James Bigler wrote:
> I need to specify different output files for an add_custom_command for
> different build types in VS.  The output file also needs to be added to an
> add_executable command.

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-March/020420.html

Supposedly, if the executable you're running is generated by CMake,
CMake will automatically know the name of the executable based on the
target, including any DEBUG_POSTFIXes or whatever.

Btw, I asked a similar set of questions earlier this week:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-May/029420.html

If you (or anyone else!) figure out a good solution to this, I'm all
ears.

tyler