[CMake] eclipse generator and sibling folders

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sat May 9 17:05:37 EDT 2009

On Friday 08 May 2009, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2009/5/4 Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva <miguelf at ieee.org>:
> > It is no the nicest solution, but it works around the problem of the
> > out-of-source builds with CVS sources. It is described here:
> >
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator
>
> Yes that's right, that's just you have 2 project instead of one, but
> I know it's currently the best you can do.
>
> > Hope that helps,
>
> I'll try to use it for a while and may be I will get used to the 2
> projects things :-)

Since the issues we have with Eclipse and out-of-source builds are not caused
by CMake, but by Eclipse CDT having trouble with out-of-source builds...

Maybe somebody could try to get active in the Eclipse community and try to get
the things fixed in Eclipse CDT so it can do proper out-of-source builds ?

Alex