[CMake] find_libary

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri May 8 14:10:44 EDT 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009, Micha Renner wrote:
> If I use FIND_LIBRARY(_result name1), I have a strange effect, which I
> do not understand.
>
> E.g FIND_LIBRARY(_result tiff) works as it should.
>
> FIND_LIBRARY(_result gs) fails. An inspection with nautilus shows
> libgs.so is located in /usr/lib.
>
> glib, fontconfig, pango etc. could be found.
> graph, gsm, glitz-glx not. (All in /usr/lib)
>
> What is the criteria that FIND_LIBRARY can find a library?

I guess you are aware that in the following code the second call will do
nothing if the first one succeeded ?
FIND_LIBRARY(_result tiff)
FIND_LIBRARY(_result gs)

(because _result has already a valid value, which means for find_library()
that it doesn't have to do anything)

Do you have the development versions of these libs installed, i.e. the ones
without the full version (libgs.so)

Can you post a full failing example ?

Alex