[CMake] Specify dependency on externally generated shared library

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Wed May 6 18:08:11 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 03:53:10PM -0400, Scott Gray wrote:
> My problem is that I need to both generate the DLL and declare it as an
> imported library so that other programs can depend upon it.  I think I'm

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you need to do this? If you are
building the library yourself, why would you need to mark it as
"imported"?

> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `src/util/build/dist/lib/libmylib_intl.so', needed by `src/util/test/myprog'

I think all you need is to create a target with add_custom_target() that
drives the custom_command(), and then add_dependencies(your_library
translation_library_target).

tyler