[CMake] cross compiling for QNX

ross hennessy roscoh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:15:37 EDT 2009

> I've been using QNX and cmake together for a few weeks, and I've yet to
> have the problem that you indicated. In my QNX toolchain file I use the
> line:
>
> SET( CMAKE_AR
> "${QNX_HOST}/usr/bin/ntox86-ar${HOST_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX}" CACHE PATH "QNX
ar Program" )

> -kito

Thanks for the help, that has solved the problem. I guess I got side-tracked
with the symptom that the placement of SET(CMAKE_AR "ntox86-ar.exe") in the
QNX.cmake file worked, but the same string in the toolchain file didn't. So
what wasn't clear was that it needed to have an absolute path and couldn't
search for this exe in the CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH (like it seems to do for the
default string "ar.exe").

I have one last problem that you may be able to help me out with? When
linking shared libraries the cmake generated make output "cmake -E
cmake_symlink_library" fails with an Error but doesn't explain why. I've
done some searching but can't find what could be the problem! Just wondering
if you build shared libraries with symlinks and have experienced something
similar?

Thanks, Ross