[CMake] cross compiling for QNX

ross hennessy roscoh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:10:30 EDT 2009

I'm having a problem creating a toolchain file for use with cmake 2.6.3. I'd
like to generate a UnixMakefile compatible with the QNX Momentics cross
platform development tools. The problem is cmake doesn't seem to find the
archiver which is named ntox86-ar.exe (as QNX runs on multiple platforms
there are many different versions of the archiver for each target). No
placement of SET(CMAKE_AR "ntox86-ar.exe") in the toolchain file seems to
help. There is two solutions that I have found so far, neither of which I'm
particularly happy with. They are -

1) making a copy of ntox86-ar.exe in the momentics install and renaming it
to ar.exe (which is obviously what cmake is looking for, but totally wrong
in the context of using a system which is designed for many targets)
2) modifying the QNX.cmake file in the platforms directory and adding the
above SET command (again I would have to modify this every time I wanted to
build for a new target)

I would like to be able to specify this in the toolchain file as it is my
understanding that this is what this file is intended for. Am I doing
something wrong here, or is this the expected behaviour of cmake?

Thanks, Ross