[CMake] CMake used by Boost?

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sat Mar 21 17:39:37 EDT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 22:28:43 Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
> Hi
>
> On the following page
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/documentation.html
> one can read the following statement
> "In addition many other popular open source projects use CMake such as
> VTK, ITK, ParaView, VXL, SecondLife and Boost."
>
> Does Boost really use CMake and not Boost.Build as a build system?

The official way to build C++ Boost is using Boost.Build. The CMake setup
for C++ Boost is experimental, and clearly say so if you try to use it.
It is not decided that it will become official way to build C++ Boost.

Therefore, that page is at very least inaccurate. I would like to request
CMake developers fix that page.

Thanks,
Volodya