[CMake] CMake and multiple Microsoft compilers on windows

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:39:53 EDT 2009

>>> But then with this setup cmake-2.6.3 is scanning my vc6 headers and
>>> libs to generate vc2005 projects.
>>>

>> This has not caused me any problems but I am unsure if checks like
>> partial template specification are being used or is this part of cmake
>> not really used if I use the .sln and vcproj that cmake generates?
>>

> You lost me...  Why is anything scanning the incorrect headers????

When I run cmake-gui from the link on my desktop and select vc2005 as
the compiler for the project it shows me in the debug output window of
cmake-gui that it is using VC6 as the compiler and doing tests for crt
functionality, templates and stl ... All of this appears to be done on
the VC6 libraries and headers and not the vs2005 ones.

John