[CMake] Does CMake cannot handle directory name with space?

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Mar 19 23:45:25 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Dancefire <dancefire at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using the latest stable version, 2.6.3, which is downloaded from
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html

Yes, the problem is most likely in FindPkgConfig.cmake:136.  This module
looks like it takes the output from pkg-config --cflags and assumes that
each compilation flag is separated by spaces.  Can you open a bug for this
and include the output from "pkg-config --cflags gtkmm"?

Not sure how best to fix the issue if it is what I suspect it is.

> Yeah, it is might be a bug in FindPkgConfig.cmake. I will have a try of
> your script. And hope it can be integrated in to CMake modules if it works
> better.

I have an outstanding action item to check it into CVS and promise certainly
do so if it works for you too. :)

I have been meaning to add version checking and try it out on some older
systems with GTK 2.2 or 2.6 on them but I haven't gotten around to it yet
because my RHEL3 box died at work.  Part of the problem of not using
pkg-config is that you also loose the dependency list so the module needs to
know things like "not having cairo on GTK < 2.x is not a big deal", etc.

--
Philip Lowman