[CMake] How to set CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES to remove all source code?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 03:56:46 EDT 2009

2009/3/9 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:

> My mistake, I've cut the wrong part, sorry about that
>
> CPACK_SOURCE_FILES was meant to be CPACK_IGNORE_FILES
>
> you want to ignore files in BINARY package so the var to use is
> CPACK_IGNORE_FILES
>
> when you want to ignore files in a SOURCE pacakge then you should use
> CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES

I should stop writing totally wrong advices for this for a while.
I did answer without testing because I thought I already did it.

Now that I took time to test, I'm now pretty sure my memory was flawed.
I think you may not ignore files in a BINARY packager, you may seem
to only be able to do it for a SOURCE one.

The binary CPack packager do take *all* what is installed by
INSTALL(...) command
(put aside the COMPONENT stuff which enables you to select part of it
 when the CPack generator supports it).

Thus I would say that if you want to "filter" something put by INSTALL
you'll have to:
      - avoid installing it alltogether
      - file a feature request to CPack

Now I'm gonna avoid "fast-answer" for a while because my last 2 were
totally wrong
sorry about that.

--
Erk