[CMake] Building with debug information using Makefiles

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Thu Mar 5 22:58:04 EST 2009

I am trying to use CMake to configure a cross platform project I'm
developing.  On platforms that have IDE's such as Mac OS X and Windows,
the configuration work fine in that programs can be built with debug
information for development purposes.  On Linux, I am just using
Makefiles and no specific IDE.  I find that when I configure the
project, the built executable do not contain debug information unless I
go into each target and add special case code to enable debug symbols
for the Linux platform.

How can I avoid having to specify debug information for each individual
target when building with Makefiles?