[CMake] Creating filters (a.k.a. subdirectories) for Visual Studio projects

Michael Schantin michael at schantin.net
Tue Mar 3 05:10:54 EST 2009

Hello,

is there a possibility to generate those "filters" (a.k.a.
subdirectories in .vcproj files) using CMake? I managed to generate
several CMakeLists.txt files. One resides in the root directory, the
other ones in subdirectories. They are included like this:

INCLUDE(${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/mySubDir1/CMakeLists.txt)
INCLUDE(${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/mySubDir2/CMakeLists.txt)

Now I would like to have those files from mySubDir1 appear in the
Visual Studio project in a seperate filter called mySubDir1. How do I
do that?

Best regards.

--
Michael