[CMake] Visual Studio 2005 forgets to add externally generated objects to link line

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:15:11 EDT 2009

I have a project that generates object files as part of the compilation.  I
add the object names to the project with ${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR} in the file
name and they show up in the solution explorer (which is what I would
expect).

VS seems to do the right thing most of the time, but occasionally it will
not add the object files I generate to the link line.  They are just
missing.  If I restart Visual Studio and run compile again, the objects are
added back in as they should be.

Has anyone noticed this?

Is there something I should be doing in CMake to help avoid this?

I'm using CMake 2.6.4, VS 2005 SP 1, on XP 64.

Thanks,
James