[CMake] [CPACK:rpm] Add library?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:00:12 EDT 2009

2009/6/29  <romain.jacquet.dev at free.fr>:
> Hello everybody,
>
>    I'm using cmake 2.6.4.
>    I want to add externals libraries to aa rpm build with cmake/cpack.

May be you can INSTALL(FILES ...) those externals?
And/or file a feature request for CPackRPM explaining how you want it to work
and may be how it is currently working for other CPack generator you use.

>    I have several questions:
>    - Is there any library equivalent for CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES? I expect
> that CPACK_PACKAGE_LIBRARY work, but it does not.

I thought CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES was for NSIS installer for adding
start menu entry:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackConfiguration

Is it used for something else?

>    - CPACK_INSTALL_DIRECTORIES seems not to do nothing with the rpm generator.
> Is there any workaround?

This is a bug/missing feature, could you please file a bug report for CPackRPM?
You may off course provide a patch too :-)

Could you tell me which other CPack generator honors the
CPACK_INSTALL_DIRECTORIES ?

>    - Why we could not change the prefix in the spec files? The line "%define
> prefix ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}" is commented in the file CPackRPM.cmake.

Because it's not necessary, if you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
you will get the corresponding prefix in your RPM.

CPack [generic part] is already installing into
_CPack/<CPackGeneratorPrefix>/${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/....
and the RPM generator takes the ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/.... part.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org