[CMake] CmakeADSP How to use gmake with ADSP tools

Daniel Wildermuth daniel at schmid-engineering.ch
Fri Jun 26 02:56:46 EDT 2009

ok, the make can be found:
the variable to set for the tool chain file is named
CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE not TOOLS_CHAIN_FILE...

so the commandline should be changed to something like
C:\path_to_sources>cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=Toolch
ain-ADSP-Blackfin.cmake -G "Unix Makefiles"

However, it seems, that there is more work on the toolchain file
I get the following output. Since I can run the compiler from comandline
I guess there are more toolspecific configurations needed.

I tried the --debug-trycompile and I was able to compile the .c-file
that is in the CmakeFiles directory. .\CMakeFiles\CompilerIdC\
CMakeCCompilerId.c

It seems to be strange, that there is no output form the failing of the
compiler. Where could it got lost?

Regards
Daniel

Output form the commandline mentioned above...

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working C compiler:
C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/cc
blkfn
CMake Error: your C compiler:
"C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/ccbl
kfn" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler
path or na
me.
CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed
-- Check for working C compiler:
C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/cc
blkfn -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCComp
iler.cmake:32 (MESSAGE):
   The C compiler "C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/ccblkfn" is
   not able to compile a simple test program.

   It fails with the following output:

   CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   CMakeLists.txt:1 (project)

CMake Error: your C compiler:
"C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/ccbl
kfn" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler
path or na
me.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler:
"C:/dw/experiments/SIP3/SIP3_SW/cuneiform-0.6/cc
blkfn --c++" was not found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid
compiler
path or name.
<<<<