[CMake] Question about CMake and NMake generation

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:04:40 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>wrote:

> Robert Dailey wrote:
>
>> Thanks for this information. Was this documented somewhere publicly?
>>

> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#variable:CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

Thanks. I actually was not specific enough in my question for documentation.
I apologize.

What I meant to ask about is if there is documentation (More of an overview)
about Makefile generators, and "Things you should know". Without asking on
the list, I had no idea how to use the Makefiles generated by CMake. It
would have been nice to read a Makefile overview section in the CMake docs
to save you guys the time it takes to respond to my simple questions.

Does such documentation exist? If not, then perhaps adding some in the
future would be beneficial :)

Thanks for the help guys!