[CMake] How to make sure "make test" depends on "make all"

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Jun 25 09:58:46 EDT 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 14:50:39 Marcel Loose wrote:
> Hi Shlomi,
>
> As you already found out the hard way, it is not possible to let the
> target 'all' depend on, e.g., 'test'. Targets like 'all' and 'test' are
> special to CMake.

OK. I want "check" or "test" to depend on "all" - not vice versa.

> How does run-tests.pl know which tests to run? Does it read some kind of
> configuration file?

No, I'm just globbing all files that match a certain pattern:

{{{
my $tests_glob = "*.{exe,t}";

[and later]

    # Put the valgrind test last because it takes a long time.
    my @tests =
        sort
        {
            (($a =~ /valgrind/) <=> ($b =~ /valgrind/))
            ($a cmp $b)
        }
        glob("t/$tests_glob")
        ;