[CMake] Boost on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jun 23 16:23:21 EDT 2009

Christopher Harvey wrote:
> define BOOST_ROOT and point it at the root install location for boost. I
> had the same problem, that fixed it. I only had to do that on windows.

There seems to be a bug in the FindBoost, BOOST_ROOT should not be
required.   I got it to work by adding this:

   SET(_boost_LIBRARIES_SEARCH_DIRS
     C:/boost/lib
     C:/boost

"$ENV{ProgramFiles}/boost/boost_${Boost_MAJOR_VERSION}_${Boost_MINOR_VERSION}_${Boost_SUBMINOR_VERSION}/lib"

"$ENV{ProgramFiles}/boost/boost_${Boost_MAJOR_VERSION}_${Boost_MINOR_VERSION}/lib"
     "$ENV{ProgramFiles}/boost"
     /sw/local/lib
   )

Boost installed to here for me:
c/Program\ Files/boost/boost_1_38/

So the extra _${Boost_SUBMINOR_VERSION} is breaking the find.   CMake is
looking in boost_1_38_0.   Is that a special case for 0?  I don't think
both will hurt, so I guess I can check this in.

-Bill