[CMake] Boost on Windows

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 23 13:35:08 EDT 2009

Hi Andreas,

Well, then most probably the layout of that binary installation differs
> from what the FindBoost.cmake file expects. So where is the boost thread
> library and how is it named?

The latest available version of Boost offered by BoostPro is v1.38. The
libraries are placed in:

  C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_38\lib

The strange thing is that FindBoost *does* find Boost, but only if first run
with no arguments, followed by explicitly setting BOOST_ROOT.

Looking at this:

> https://skyking.microscopy.wisc.edu/svn/java/trunk/components/native/bf-cpp/CMakeLists.txt
>
> The layout of that package seems to be utterly broken.

Do you mean bf-cpp, or some other package? How is it "broken"? I am new to
the CMake way of doing things, so would appreciate any advice for
improvement.

Thanks,
Curtis