[CMake] Handling library interdependencies

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Tue Jun 16 19:08:20 EDT 2009

Don't forget to cc the list! Especially since I'm not sure what else I
can tell you.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 05:24:08PM -0500, Mark Lohry wrote:
> I added "add_dependencies( lib1 lib2 )", "add_dependencies( lib2 lib1 )",
> and "add_dependencies( execthing lib1 lib2 )" in their appropriate places,
> and changed the libraries to STATIC, but no change.

Hmm.

> Yes, everything compiles when i build the libraries and executables
> separately; it fails on the link step after this, with "undefined reference"
> to every library function used.

What do you mean by "the link step after this"? Linking the executable
with the libraries?

> I'm unfamiliar with 'nm', can you be more specific as to what I should be
> looking for?

nm is a Unix tool for grabbing symbols out of libraries and archives.
dumpbin is (basically) the Windows equivalent.

tyler