[CMake] how to select static libraries for linking?

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Jun 11 20:26:44 EDT 2009

http://www.bluequartz.net/cgi-bin/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=MXADataModel.git;a=blob;f=Resources/CMake/MXAFindHDF5.cmake;h=f96bf33a9d0efd42488752e6eec0124532e367ef;hb=6b6079cc30c62ac5a672c5a7a50c359af064fbe5

is a "FindHDF5.cmake file that I also borrowed from the paraview
project, then added features that were found in the FindQt4.cmake and
some other functions. The actual library names that it looks for are
those from my own CMake'ified version of the HDF5 project (Version
1.6.9 currently) but you should be able to change the library names to
conform to the standard hdf5 distribution.

 Also you could take from FindBoost.cmake ( the one that comes with
CMake 2.6.3) the following and incorporate it into your own
"FindHDF5.cmake" file.

IF( HDF5_USE_STATIC_LIBS )
   SET( _hdf5_ORIG_CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
   IF(WIN32)
     SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .lib .a ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
   ELSE(WIN32)
     SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES .a ${CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
   ENDIF(WIN32)
 ENDIF( HDF5_USE_STATIC_LIBS )

 # Do all the "Find Library Stuff here"

 IF( HDF5_USE_STATIC_LIBS )
   SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ${_hdf5_ORIG_CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES})
 ENDIF( HDF5_USE_STATIC_LIBS )

If you give me some time I may be able to incorporate that into the
MXAFindHDF5.cmake file.

Mike jackson