[CMake] Fwd: Installation package

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:30:07 EDT 2009

Forgot the list again....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/6/10
Subject: Re: [CMake] Installation package
To: Pascale B <chose29 at hotmail.com>

2009/6/10 Pascale B <chose29 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi Eric,
>

>  I use CMake 2.6, patch 4.
> Fedora 10
> rpmbuild version 4.6.1. What is the fix for the bug you mentioned?

You should take the CPackRPM.cmake from CVS HEAD:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Modules/CPackRPM.cmake?root=CMake

and then either

A) Replace the CPackRPM.cmake installed on your system with the one
you have just downloaded

B) Put the downloaded CPackRPM.cmake in your project source tree
    and add the following line to your CMakeLists.txt

    LIST(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}")

The A solution will make the update for the whole machine (aka
available to every user)
but this may need root privilege for installing the file.

The B solution will tell CMake to use the CPackRPM found in your
project instead of the
 one it found in usual location.

>> Could you show us some if not all your
>> install(... ) command?
>
> This is in the CMakeLists.txt in the directory where my binaries are
> located:
>
> #________________________Install execs_____________________________
> INSTALL(TARGETS App3D
>     RUNTIME
>     DESTINATION MyApp/bin
>     COMPONENT EXEC3D)

[...]

Looks oK.

> This is in the CMakeLists.txt in the directory where my libraries are
> located:
>
> #________________________Install library_____________________________
> set(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ./../../../libs/libraryOne/lnx/lib)
> INSTALL(TARGETS libraryOne
>        LIBRARY DESTINATION MyApp/lib
>        COMPONENT libraryOne)

[...]

Those one are OK too
even if the "set(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ./../../../libs."  is really ugly
but should work (in fact that should not concern CPack).

--
Erk

--
Erk