[CMake] Building a FreeBSD port with CPack

Jean-Pierre Bergamin james at ractive.ch
Wed Jun 10 04:52:56 EDT 2009

Hello

> On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Jean-Pierre Bergamin wrote:
> > Has anyone already tried to build a proper FreeBSD port with CPack?
> > I think it would not be too hard to build a generator that creates a
> > Makefile to build a FreeBSD port. Is there any documentation how to
create
> > a new CPack generator?
>
> Not really.
> Look at the existing generators, they are not hard, e.g. the zip or
tar-based
> ones.

I'm playing around with the FreeBSD port generator and at least it compiles
and does "something" already. :-)

I need to create a file "pkg-plist" that contains a list of all files the
BSD port will contain, which are simply all files that cmake installs. The
vector "files" that is passed to my overridden method CompressFiles() only
contains executables and libraries that are marked for installation in the
CMakeLists.txt files with "install(TARGETS ...)". All files that get
installed with "install(FILES ...)" and "install(PROGRAMS ...)" do not show
up in the "files" vector. How can I get a list of all files that get
installed.

Thanks for your help

James