[CMake] Installation package

Pascale B chose29 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 04:17:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

   I work on a software that I am porting onto Linux. I used CMake with
success and now want to use CPack. I successfully created a package
file with a bin and lib path, both containing the exec file and the .so
libraries needed.

   Now  here is my problem: when I send this package to a user, after
he unzips the package, he needs to move the shared libraries to the /usr/lib
directory and proceed with the ldconfig command, otherwise when launching the exec file the shared libraries aren't found.

   Is there a way to automatically do this? I can't find it in the doc or in mailing lists either. Should a makefile be
included with the package that would proceed with the installation or
does it need to be done manually each time?

Thanks so much!

Pascale