[CMake] How can I control the name of the .deb file generated by CPACK?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jun 8 19:42:13 EDT 2009

If you look in the file ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CPackConfig.cmake, you should
see something like this:
SET(CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME "cmake-2.6.3-Linux-unknown")

That variable controls the name of the installer file produced by CPack. If
you set the variable to whatever you want prior to the "include(CPack)" in
your main CMakeLists.txt file, it should generate a file with your name
instead of the default.

Or, if you are building CMake (as it appears from the file name), you could
define it in the cache when you first run cmake:
cmake -DCPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME=filename-that-follows-my-convention ../CMake

HTH,
David