[CMake] Problems C/C++ system headers and Eclipse Generator

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 8 16:32:43 EDT 2009

On 08.06.09 22:12:00, Stefan Dröge wrote:
> I solved my problem, and I think I've found a bug:
> Since I'm German, my system language is set to German. Most programmes
> have german console output, gcc too.
> In CMakeFindEclipseCDT4.cmake the gcc output gets parsed, and
> expecting a string "search starts here", but on my German system there
> is only a "Suche beginnt hier" to find. ;-)
>
> My quick work around for this: set the language temporary to English like this:
> export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> and then start cmake-gui, or cmake.

Thats not really a bug, adding translation support for such compiler
messages in code that tries to parse that output is insane (at least
without the compiler offering a way to backtranslate its messages). In
KDevelop3 we're having the same problem and there you have the choice of
either getting nicely formatted (and shortened) compiler output or
translated messages, but not both at the same time.

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.