[CMake] Precompiled Headers

Denis Scherbakov denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 10:11:31 EDT 2009

> Apart from every compiler making this different (i. e.
> different
> parameters for each compilers), what are the difficulties
> you see for
> making this a first-class feature? My Windows coworkers
> demand this
> feature and I was thinking in implementing when I had a few
> spare time
> at work (read: October the soonest)

I use CMake to compile a huge project for 7 OSes / 12 processors architectures and I don't know a place outside Windows, where PCHs
are needed. CCache and Parallel Builds make wonders without touching
any single line of code in CMake.

So if you use Windows, then a solution for Microsoft compiler has
already been submitted.

I've been reading this newsgroup for a while and I notice that most
of the people complain that they miss some feature on Windows, but
completely forget that there are other cool OSes out there and CMake
stands for Crossplatform Make. This means that a feature must work on all
platforms and all supported compilers, not just on Microsoft ones.

Denis